Climate Dads is seeking a Marketing and Communications Intern. You could be the one!
Climate Dads is creating a global movement of male caregivers collaborating to solve climate change. We are a platform for caregivers who want credible, timely and relevant information on climate-related issues. Climate Dads provides actionable steps for interested fathers worldwide, including free resources, local chapter social events and political advocacy opportunities. The intern will be tasked with implementing a marketing strategy that engages followers in their journeys, providing materials that resonate and excite them, and in turn, converting each into a Climate Dads supporter who ideally commits to expanding the organization’s reach and impact.
Position: Marketing and Communications Internship
Climate Dads is looking to partner with a dynamic, self-starter to assist with the organization’s marketing and communications efforts. The intern will play a central role in shaping and implementing a spring campaign to elevate the political priority of climate issues, to engage parents around the country in environmental politics and to deepen connections between Climate Dads and other parent-focused environmental organizations. The internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of community organizing, public relations and social media marketing.
- Update and maintain social media presence
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly eNewsletter
- Draft, distribute and pitch blog articles
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events hosted by Climate Dads
- Update and modernize the functionality and performance of the Climate Dads website
- Organize and attend events hosted by Climate Dads and other parent groups
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications tactics
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Political Science, Environmental Studies, Marketing, or Communications)
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
- Familiarity with Google applications
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of Climate Dads and the families we serve
- Priority to applicants who are parents or caregivers in the Greater Philadelphia, Indianapolis or Cincinnati regions. Applicants who are not parents and who are from other regions of the country are still encouraged to apply!
- Physical demands - Some lifting of materials and boxes may be required during various events.
- Some travel may be necessary.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements, or expectations of the role. The intern will be expected to be professionally flexible with the tasks and expectations performed as assigned.
Start Date: January 2019 or until filled. Requires a minimum 3 – 6 month commitment.
Hours: Approximately 8 – 12 hours/week
This is an unpaid/volunteer internship. We at Climate Dads realize an unpaid position is not for everyone. Although we are unable to provide financial compensation at this time, we endeavor to provide other forms of non-financial compensation such as beneficial learning through interaction and experiences outside of a traditional educational setting. We are happy to complete necessary documentation to ensure intern receives course credit(s), if applicable.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a (thoughtful, untraditional) cover letter about your own personal experiences, if any, acting as an advocate for addressing climate change or dealing with the realities of climate change. Please describe your own perspective on mitigation versus adaptation strategies in relation to the climate crisis. Please keep responses to one-page maximum. Close consideration will be paid to those applicants who are able to consider these prompts and consider the role of parents and other caregivers as they navigate climate change. Please send all application materials to Jason Sandman [Jason@climatedads.org] with the email subject line reading: CD Marketing and Communications Internship
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Climate Dads is a Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.